Lealman Mural Project Fall 2021
Lealman Mural Project : 28th Street N Location
The Lealman Mural Project is a partnership between Creative Pinellas and the Lealman CRA, with a goal to foster community beautification projects that engage the community and represent the rich culture and environment of this developing area. This project will include a single grant between $5000 - $7500 depending on the design for the artist or artist collaborators and up to $1000 in materials funding for a Pinellas County based artist or artist with strong ties to Pinellas County to create the mural in the Lealman community. This mural is part of an effort to transform the environment, create appealing spaces, and recognize the pride and diversity present in Lealman.
This is a project created with the idea to represent the space and community surrounding the locations at Mother Kombucha, 4360 28th Street N, Saint Petersburg, FL 33714 by bringing in an experienced mural artist with a strong point of view and the ability to create complex, engaging work of art. The art should reflect the pride Lealman residents have for the Lealman history, their multi- cultural and inclusive community, and/or reflect the natural landscapes/ wildlife.
Artist Information Session:
Artist will have an opportunity to meet with Creative Pinellas and participating partners to learn about the project and to ask any questions they may have during the application period. Dates will be announced on Creative Pinellas website and via Creative Pinellas social media.
Mother Kombucha 4360 28th Street N, Saint Petersburg, FL 33714
Each application submitted between Tuesday, November 2 - Wednesday, November 17 at 10am will be reviewed by a panel of made up of a combination of Creative Pinellas Representative, Lealman CRA Representative, a Pinellas County based Mural Artist, Art Curator and Private Business Representative. Artists will be notified no later than November 19, 2021. If you are not selected, you will also be notified at that time.
Upon notification, the artist will receive Lealman community engagement information, detailed measurements and photos of your specific location and will have the opportunity to meet with the business owners of the property via internet meeting platform before November 30. After site review and meeting with Business Owner, the artist will complete three (3) Mural Design Mock Up proposals for approval from Creative Pinellas, Lealman CRA and the business owner. The three Mural Design Mock Up proposals should be submitted no later than Monday, December 13, 2021. Creative Pinellas, Lealman CRA and the business owner will have up to 14 days for approval.
*all dates are tentative and subject to change
Call To Artists Important Dates:
- Call for Entries Open: Tuesday, November 2
- Call for Entries Close:
Tuesday, November 16 at 5pmEXTENDED : Wednesday, November 17 at 10am
- Artists finalists will be notified by November 19, 2021
- Artist/ Business Owner Meeting: to be scheduled December 1, 2021
- Three Mural Design Mock UP plans must be submitted by Monday, December 13, 2021
- Approved no later than : December 20, 2021
- Earliest Possible start date: December 22, 2021
- Final walk through: January 26, 2022
- Touch Ups (if needed) : January 26- January 31, 2022
- Final Payment for Grant: After Feb 1, 2022
The artist or artists collaboration stipend mural location will be $5000 - $7500 depending on the final design with a paint supply budget of up to $1000.
Surfaces will be prepped and primed before artists starts work.
A lift will be needed to complete this project and will be supplied by Creative Pinellas and not subtracted from artist fee or materials budget.
Interested artists will need to submit:
- Artists must be a Pinellas County Resident or have strong community ties to Pinellas County. If selected to do the project will be asked to complete a W9
- A short biography or resume
- 4-6 photographs or links to photographs of four or more works, including images of previous murals of your design or have been lead on painting team.
- A brief written summary or description of your idea of approaching the project to meet Lealman Community engagement goals of transforming the environment, creating appealing spaces, and recognize the pride and diversity present in Lealman.
- Please do not submit mock up designs for this project during the initial application, it limits the process when evaluating you as an artist overall.
- Contact information for 3 references from past mural work or art show curator
- Link to website and social media sites
Applications are due by 10am on Wednesday, November 17, 2021 due via online application at SM APPLY link.
Contact Lea Umberger, Arts Project Manager at Creative Pinellas- email@example.com or (727) 582-2172.