2022 Professional Artist Grant
The purpose of the professional artist grant is to support and build meaningful relationships among the outstanding creative artists in Pinellas County, to provide a strong foundation to nurture the creative community and to elevate Pinellas County as an arts and cultural destination.
With this purpose in mind, Creative Pinellas provides up to ten grants for artists who have excelled in their artistic practice. Grantees are encouraged to decide for themselves how to use the award for their benefit and growth as an artist.
Grants of $5,000 each are open to artists doing work in the areas of:
• Dance (of all kinds)
• Interdisciplinary (a combination of more than one type of genre of art, often technology/digital arts are involved)
• Literature including poetry, fiction, creative nonfiction (does not include journalism)
• Media Arts such as film, photography, computer/digital arts, audio, interactive media, etc.
• Musical Performance
• Music Composition
• Theater Creation including playwriting, directing, musical direction, stage design, stage lighting, etc.
• Visual Arts including 2D and 3D visual arts of all kinds
An additional $5,000 Artist Laureate Grant may be presented to one of the grantees who is recognized by Creative Pinellas as being able to be a model partner and collaborator sharing their skills and expertise and supporting the organization’s mission over the grant period. Artists must indicate on their application that they would like to be considered for the Artist Laureate award.
For more details and a copy of the full grant guidelines click here or visit https://creativepinellas.org/opportunity/professional-artist-grant-22/
GRANT PROCESS TIMELINE
Applications Open and Online FAQ Support:
December 1, 2021 – February 14, 2022 at 11:59pm (EST)
Edits to your application can happen after your have submitted the application through February 14, 2022 at 11:59pm
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for technical and online application support.
For general questions, contact Creative Pinellas at email@example.com.