2021-2022 Emerging Artist Grant
The Emerging Artist Grant Program provides recipients with funding towards the production of new work, to be exhibited and/or performed at the end of the grant award period.
This award seeks to assist in the recognition and support of artists on an upward trajectory of their career, regardless of age, who are gaining momentum and whose further development can benefit from a grant and mentorship experience that will provide support to help attaining their goals.
DO I QUALIFY FOR THIS GRANT?
Creative Pinellas considers the following things when determining eligibility for this grant. In general, the applicant:
- Has gained recognition of their work, artistic skill and promise by their peers, audiences and people who think and write about art.
- May be somewhat known in the community where they live and work but are not widely known outside of Pinellas County/Tampa Bay region.
- Is actively working on improving their skills and impact as an artist.
- Has not yet participated or has limited participation in solo exhibitions, publications, or full performances or productions of their work. (For example, may have had work shown at local galleries, has performed at local venues, or is published in small literary magazines, but has not yet built a regional or national reputation or similar milestone.)
- Has worked in their type of art for quite some time.
- Shows a high level of talent in the type of art they create and are showcasing in their application.
The grant is available to artists aged 18+ who currently live in Pinellas County, and have done so for at least one (1) year prior to the opening date of the application period.
Grant awards of $2,000 are open to artists doing original work in the disciplines of:
- Media Arts
- Theater/Musical Theater
- Visual Arts